Thursday, April 09, 2009

Money is not life.

Daily Bible Verse - 
Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.
Ecclesiastes 5:10

The other day I was thinking about money. I mean I was thinking about the actually bills, coins, shiny (precious) metals and sparkly rocks (jewels) and I wondered when did paper, metal and rocks ever become so valuable to us. I don't know the history of money making but I do know that because of the value we place on it, we are able to trade it for things that our bodies need to live. Ex. water/food, clothing, and shelter. Try living without any one of these. So money is a means to and end. It is not end in and of itself. So, why do we fall in love with it so often. Loving money is misplaced. Loving money is overvaluing money. It would be like me falling in love with my wife's clothing. She looks great in it, but I am taken by the fashion of it, the designs and the feeling of her clothing. The clothing is there to adorn my wife, not the other way around. Money is not life, it doesn't produce life and to spend all of our energy trying to attain it so that we might live is a waste of life. Turn to the Giver of life and he will provide things you need to really live.






No comments: