Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Raw thoughts: To Wait and then to move. (part 2)

Good things might come to those who wait
Not to those who wait to late
We got to go for all we know
-Just the Two of Us - Grover Washington, Jr.

So Joshua said to the Israelites: "How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you?
-Joshua 18:3

Today I sit right in the middle of 40 days of waiting. I have heard all different kinds ideas about what to do in this period of time. So I will wait until I can go for what I know.

The above was written in April and now (sept 18th) I find myself ushered out of the waiting into a moving part of my life. My life has taken a turn in a new direction since Feb. 28th, my last day as youth minister at the West Houston church of Christ. Since then, I believe the God has laid a path that says trust me, walk the road of a Christian musician and seek to bring transformation as you walk with me, help your family live fully as I have made them and don't not veer to the right or left of this task I have given you.

So today, I find myself promoting Tq Music and Ministry, being Mr. Mom while my wife brings home the bacon as a school nurse. At this point in my career, I could barely bring home the pigs feet and you can forget the bacon. I have gone from going work all the time to working at home.

Inwardly, I am finding that this financial drought is stretching my faith, even though God has continued to provide more than enough as usual. Also, I am truly in a spot where I know very little and I find that uncomfortable at times.

But with all of this upheaval, I find myself 'ultimately' at peace (definition of 'ultimately': the calm after I have figuratively scream and yelled because the 'sky was falling') Here is the reason I am ultimately at peace. I know that God has us (me and my family) here and "we've got to go for all we know". Just the two of us -God and my family.

Father, we are ready to take possession of the land. May it be on earth as it is in heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the strongest men I have ever known. Much of what I know about work, perseverance, and faith came from your influence. I wish nothing but the best for you. Stay strong.
Love,

Jeremy