Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whose child are you?

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3

Do you remember that movie, “The Princess Bride?” There was a character in the movie named Indigo Montoya. His whole being was based on his identity, as an orphaned child. He went around trying to avenge his father’s death by looking for the six fingered man who killed his Father. He had even prepared a monologue for the six fingered man, which stated, “Hello, My named is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” Everything centered around this identity. Who we think we are directs our actions as well. According to John, if we believe that we are children of God, then we try to purify ourselves just as God is pure. Frankly, I need to believe more fully in my identity as a child of God. I believe that I will find myself living more fully for my Father in heaven.

Thanks for voting for my song
Undiscovered

No comments: